When we want to enjoy the sea there are different ways to do it, one of them is by boat. To do this, there are different options, one of which is having a navigation license to be able to take the boat you want. There are different types that we will talk about, as well as how and where to obtain the navigation card.

Do you need a navigation license for everything?

Mainly you should know that to enjoy a boat trip it is not necessary to have a navigation license since you can rent boats with your own skipper, such as Navigate, where you can enjoy your experience at sea with peace of mind and safety.

If you want to be the one who takes the helm yourself, you should know that it is only allowed in small boats of less than 6 meters in length and without leaving the port as it would be a reason for sanction.

How to obtain the navigation license?

If you want to take larger boats, you should know that you will need certification of your boat license with the different navigation qualifications that exist.

If you decide to obtain your navigation qualification, you must do it in a certified academy so that you can carry out a good training and your certificate is valid.

In addition, as we will see below, some of the navigation qualifications require an exam carried out by public entities, so you must also request them to obtain your boat license.

Types of navigation qualifications or boat license

Los tipos de titulaciones de navegación se identificarán teniendo en cuenta principalmente tres criterios: la dimensión de la embarcación (en concreto la eslora), distancia a la que se puede llegar navegando y las horas necesarias de formación.

Los tipos de titulaciones de navegación que existen son:Cómo obtener la titulación de navegación

Licencia de navegación (LN)

Esta es la titulación de navegación más simple. La licencia de navegación se trata de una titulación de navegación que tan solo permite navegar de día, en embarcaciones de menos de 6 metros de eslora y no superar las 2 millas desde la costa.

Para acceder a él debes ser mayor de 16 años y recibir una formación de 6 horas, donde no será necesario realizar ningún exámen.

DATO: esta titulación de navegación te permitirá también conducir motos de agua.

Patrón de navegación básico (PNB)

Esta titulación de navegación o carnet de barco permite ya la posibilidad de navegar tanto de día como de noche. Además, se aumenta la dimensión del barco a 8 metros de eslora y la distancia de navegación a 8 millas.

En este tipo de titulación de navegación será necesaria la realización de un examen a nivel autónoma para corroborar el título. También se debe ser mayor de 16 años.

Patrón de embarcaciones de recreo (PER)

Se trata de una titulación de navegación donde es un requisito indispensable la mayoría de edad. La dimensión de la embarcación asciende a 15 metros de eslora y permite navegar a 12 millas de la costa, además de Canarias y Baleares.

La formación incluirá 16 horas de práctica de navegación, así como 12 horas de aprendizaje en la comunicación.

Patrón de Yate (PdY)

To obtain this navigation license it is necessary to have first obtained the PER. The dimension of the ship amounts to 24 meters in length, in addition to allowing navigation at a distance of 150 miles.

Yacht Captain (CdY)

It is the largest navigation qualification that can be accessed. Both the dimension and the navigation distance have no limit. Their training is more extensive and specialized than the rest of the formations.

Now you know the different navigation qualifications or driving license that exist, but you should always remember that to enjoy safe navigation and do all the activities you want, rent a boat with a captain with Navigate, choosing the one that best suits your needs. inside his amazing fleet.

Leave a comment